The best way to sharpen skills and discover your strengths in a chosen profession is simple: Learn by doing. That’s why we offer internships during fall, spring and summer semesters.
Note: Positions for Spring 2021 will be remote due to COVID-19. You do not have to be located in Athens, Ga. to apply!
- The ideal candidate is an organized, self-starting team player with good interpersonal communication skills.
- Candidates must have strong written and verbal communications skills and be well versed in AP Style, the social media landscape and brand copywriting
- Best suited for public relations, journalism, communications, advertising or marketing majors.
- Juniors and seniors preferred.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 required; 3.5 or higher is preferred.
- Most of our internships are for course credit. If financial assistance is needed, we do offer a limited number of paid positions as part of our scholarship program. Inquire for details.
- 18 to 20 hours/week remotely
- Public Relations + Social Media Content-focused Intern
- Maintaining media lists and coverage files
- Writing and editing press materials
- Crafting editorial calendars
- Strategizing storylines and campaign ideas
- Creating social media content for platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube
- Working with influencer strategies for brand awareness
- Collecting data and reporting social media analytics
- Opportunity to assist in paid digital campaigns
- Graphic Design-focused Intern
- Work closely with the content team to create graphics for various client or internal creative needs
- Additional responsibilities according to timely needs
- Public Relations + Social Media Content Internship (6)
- Graphic Design Internship (1)
How to Apply
Your application for the SSG Internship is not complete until you submit the creative pitch portion via email to email@example.com. Instructions for this part of the application are detailed in the forms above.
Applications for the Spring 2021 Internship Program will be accepted until Wednesday, November 25 at 5 p.m. ET.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!