Working with an agency can be daunting, challenging and regrettable or it can be capacity-creating, inspiring and dare we say it? FUN! Every potential partner, current client or former relationship at See.Spark.Go has heard us say two words: Relationship and Results.
This mantra has made its way from proposals and vision statements to annual reviews and client-health checks. We have found that the most successful agency-client relationships we have boil down to our relationships with the people we work with and the results we deliver. If we don’t have results, we all know the partnership will never last — no matter how much we enjoy working with one another — but equally important, if we don’t have a relationship, our performance becomes transactional and will never survive a mistake, budget constraint or change in the tides of leadership, trends or teams.
Here’s how we can both succeed:
How to get the most out of your agency
- Be responsive
- Show gratitude
- Get excited when it’s right, tell us when it’s wrong
- Give us margin to be creative and produce great work
- Trust us
How to best serve as an agency partner
- Communicate – often and customized
- Be the expert you were hired to be
- Strive for continuous improvement and innovation!
- Know the goal and the challenges/obstacles
- Survey the market landscape and know where your client best fits
What have we missed? Are there intangibles you have seen that make your agency/client relationships succeed? We’d love to learn from you!